Welcome to this 40th Edition Newsletter. It’s the last month of 2016 – phew! I expect we will have one more newsletter before Christmas, but just in case I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday.
Social Media Optimisation Workshops
Social Media Optimisation is critical to succeeding in your business in 2017. How good are you at navigating the Social Media Puzzle. (puzzle image credit to greyweed)
• Facebook has 1.79 billion active users, 1.18 billion daily users and 1.66 billion mobile active users [Facebook stats September 30th 2016]
• Twitter has 1.3 billion users with 500 million using it to follow - not tweeting [Source].
• LinkedIn has 467 million users. Adding a professional photo to your profile makes you 14 times more likely to be found [Source].
• Short videos attract a 5 billion views a day on YouTube and 8 billion views s day on Facebook
• Instagram and Pinterest already have an audience of 500 million users and 75 Million users respectively. [Source]
That’s well over a billion people who are your potential marketplace.
Do you have an Australian Only Business?
Maybe you are worried the connected world is too big a market. That’s ok. There are 14.1 million Australians over the age of 18 with Facebook accounts plus many millions more with Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ accounts and many millions more who access YouTube videos from mobiles devices and computers each day.
When you just target Australia you access a market in the millions.
A note of caution: The rules for Social Media are different to the Web: You need to be Social Media Optimised!
You must be proactive and get on board now – before your competitors do and start taking all your customers right out from under you. Only the early adopters gain the advantage. Once everyone is doing it the margins are always smaller.
Social Media Optimisation is the coolest marketing tool that throws open the doors to interacting directly with new customers. Results for correctly implemented Social Media Marketing by far exceed the reach and results of traditional media and marketing techniques.
What is Social Media Optimisation comprised of? Well there used to be just Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube. But 2013 saw the emergence of Instagram, Google + and Pinterest which have a combined audience exceeding 1 billion affluent consumers. In 2015 we got Snapchat, Periscope, Meerkat and Vine - all video driven. In 2016 the big trends were not so much new platforms but usage patterns changing to mobile and apps. Messenger, WeChat and WhatsApp as messaging channels grew wildly. Instagram added stories. Streaming Radio channels and applications like Skype began making good use of “in-product” advertising.
This rapid and permanent shift in Internet usage is slowly but surely relegating other forms of advertising. Print ads and traditional media outlets are last century thinking! Get the jump on your competitors and act now!
Social Media Optimisation is the easiest, faster and most cost effective way to advertise to your target market. You need to learn disruptive marketing techniques that understand the traditional sales cycle is completely broken in both B2B and B2C markets.
So, take time to learn about the opportunities available with Social Media Marketing and ask us teach you how to benefit from Social Media Optimisation with our workshops.
It is a lot to take in. So we have a number of options for you.
Basic Social Media Optimisation 101: 2-hour course
How to use each of the major Social Media media, and then how to combine them to gain massive coverage in your target area or industry.
If that isn't enough to make your head hurt, we will show you how all these changes will impact everything you do in your business and how to be on the right side of this marketing revolution.
It all started with Facebook... And now there is Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and maybe the ultimate game changer Google +. How does this jigsaw fit together? That’s where Social Media Optimisation 2017 comes in.
Enjoy networking during an interactive hands-on workshop. Bring your Laptop, tablet and smartphone and join in as we teach basic to advanced techniques for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Even a novice can leave a Twitter expert. This will also be your coolest networking experience in 2016!
Prerequisite 101 or demonstrated understanding of those techniques.
Many businesses conduct their whole business using Facebook business pages.
Google + is not just a social network it is Google’s answer to making search results current and relevant. Because the “traditional” way to rank websites has been replaced by social media activities there needed to be a way to create AUTHORITY. That is why Google + had 300 million users join in the first 24 months!
The preferred learning medium for people younger than 30, which is half the world's population, is video. YouTube serves up 1 billion short videos every day! When people want to know about something, they search YouTube for the answer. YouTube is the world's second most popular search engine. You probably need a YouTube channel... We will show you why.
Twitter is the most misunderstood of the Social Media platforms. Every major TRADITIONAL media outlet has a Twitter presence... what do they know you don't? After this session you will look again at how Twitter is such a valuable addition to your marketing mix.
Instagram launched in Oct 2010 and now has 500 million users who have uploaded 20 billion photos, becoming a social-media phenomenon with an average of 60 million being uploaded per day. Top brands using Instagram include Starbucks, Red Bull and Burberry. Here in Australia, Lorna Jane, Cotton On, Quicksilver, Big W and many more are using Instagram heavily. Brands are using Instagram to communicate with their customers on yet another social media level, as it turns out the platform is more effective than Facebook or Twitter.
Pinterest is a relatively new social networking site that is fun, easy, and catching on the hype right now. It allows users to create online image collages, then quickly and easily share those collages – called “pin boards” – with other Pinterest users. Pinterest is great for pinning up the items from your store and letting users see what you have available in the catalogue.
Klout measures how popular someone is on social media on a scale of 1 to 100 Its scoring algorithm measures some 400 different factors are taken into account along with 12 social metrics. The higher your Klout the more influence you have when you post to applications like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more...
Learn how to improve your Klout and learn about these platforms and tools and many more
- Empire Avenue
- Foursquare and Swarm
You will learn:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of individual profiles, fan pages and groups as they relate to your business?
- Business apps will increase your chances of sales
- How to integrate your web site with your Facebook account
- What marketing strategy should you use for your Facebook presence
- How to automate some of the activities and the best way to do that
- How to schedule using Facebook and Bufferapp
- How search engine relevance will depend on your Google + rating
- How to use Google + to build your brand and personal authority
- With 1 billion Gmail accounts, you can’t ignore Google + because it will be everywhere
- Instructional videos are a front door to your business
- Your OWN YouTube channel will encourage people to trust and buy from you
- Video is easily produced and cameras have been below $100 for some time
- More YouTube videos are better than a few Quality ones
- Relying on SEO?? Google favours video over text that should be reason enough.
- Twitter has changed the way traditional media reports the news
- Cool Twitter tools
- How to create a business account and link it to Facebook
- Posting pictures
- Followers and Following – the basics
- How to use hashtags
- How to view insights and statistics
Contact us today if you want to come to a Workshop in your City and begin to dominate your industry with your Social Media Presence.
As always Jethro is your web, cloud and technology specialists. I am constantly learning new things and spending time researching, playing and testing new systems and reading about other people in the IT world doing the same thing. If you want to follow along with what I share in various spaces, then connect with me:
- Twitter https://twitter.com/spyjournal technology, cycling, social media, management, business, and web
- LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/jethromanagement
- Delicious https://delicious.com/jethrocon saved links
- Blog http://spyjournal.biz all sorts of stuff including personal and family updates
- Spyjournal Facebook https://www.facebook.com/spyjournal.biz tech, cycling, and other stuff
- Subscribe to our daily Newspaper https://paper.li/spyjournal/1345852972
- Subscribe to our weekly Newspaper https://paper.li/spyjournal/1345853288
- Jethro Management Facebook https://www.facebook.com/JethroManagement business, management, web
- Jethro Marketing Facebook https://www.facebook.com/JethroMarketing social media, marketing
- Dreamcoat Photography Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DreamcoatPhotography
- Dreamsport Photography Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DreamSportPhotography
- Red Hot Snapper Facebook https://www.facebook.com/redhotsnapper roller derby